Dick Giordano (1932-2010)
Most people know Mr. Giordano was the Executive Editor of the entire DC Comics line during the 80s. His "Meanwhile" editorials that ran in every title were just as memorable as the "Stan's Soapbox" columns from Marvel and served the the same purpose; giving the reader a sense of being more than just a customer who's purchasing a product. For a lot of younger readers, these columns are about the only thing they remember about the man. It's often forgotten that he was an incredible artist in his own right.
This short, wordless piece from 1976 is one of many examples of his compositional skill.
from WITZEND #10, 1976
- ► 2011 (110)
- The Hunter And His Dog
- KRONOS by Lee Elias
- The Super Sister
- SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS
- PATSY WALKER (and her friend, Nancy too)
- Sunday Funnies: HOWARD THE DUCK
- The Adventures of Toucan Sam
- The Golden Age Deadpool
- DYNAMIC DUO FIGHTS TERRIBLE TRIO
- YOUR FAVORITE GREEN LAWYER
- HOT STUFF, THE LITTLE DEVIL: Déjà Vu
- HOT STUFF, THE LITTLE DEVIL: Master Thief
- Sunday Funnies: BLONDIE
- A Look At The Other Comics Section
- PRIMATE PATROL
- Too Much Monkey Business....
- SUPERBOY: The Super Monkey From Krypton
- THE GREAT GRAPE APE
- KRYPTO BATTLES TITANO!
- Sunday Funnies: ANDY CAPP
- The Phantom vs The Giant Ape Of Tawth
- The Secrets Of SpiderMan
- HEY, HEY, HEY....
- BATMAN: Case Of No Consequence
- KYM: Lost In A Dream
- Judy And The Magic Chalk
- Moses, Elijah, and Jesus
- Whatever Happened To Superman?
- APRIL FOOL
- ▼ April (30)