Monday, April 12, 2010
KRYPTO BATTLES TITANO!
TITANO THE SUPER APE doesn't have a very large list of appearances under his belt (actually, he doesn't have a belt, either), so it's somewhat inexplicable to me that the majority of comic fans have heard of him. I think this is partially because of his appearance in the 1997 Superman cartoon, and also because of the internet itself. The world wide web makes it possible to become very well-versed in comics history without actually reading through thousands of back issues. One other reason could be that everybody just loves monkeys (apes, chimps, etc.).
Art by Al Plastino (writer unknown).
from SUPERMAN #147, August 1961
- ► 2011 (110)
- The Hunter And His Dog
- KRONOS by Lee Elias
- The Super Sister
- SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS
- PATSY WALKER (and her friend, Nancy too)
- Sunday Funnies: HOWARD THE DUCK
- The Adventures of Toucan Sam
- The Golden Age Deadpool
- DYNAMIC DUO FIGHTS TERRIBLE TRIO
- YOUR FAVORITE GREEN LAWYER
- HOT STUFF, THE LITTLE DEVIL: Déjà Vu
- HOT STUFF, THE LITTLE DEVIL: Master Thief
- Sunday Funnies: BLONDIE
- A Look At The Other Comics Section
- PRIMATE PATROL
- Too Much Monkey Business....
- SUPERBOY: The Super Monkey From Krypton
- THE GREAT GRAPE APE
- KRYPTO BATTLES TITANO!
- Sunday Funnies: ANDY CAPP
- The Phantom vs The Giant Ape Of Tawth
- The Secrets Of SpiderMan
- HEY, HEY, HEY....
- BATMAN: Case Of No Consequence
- KYM: Lost In A Dream
- Judy And The Magic Chalk
- Moses, Elijah, and Jesus
- Whatever Happened To Superman?
- APRIL FOOL
- ▼ April (30)