From an unlikely source comes the newest member of the Deadpool family of characters: Fred Wilson, The Golden Age Deadpool.
Actually, I'm not sure if this falls into any legitimate Marvel continuity, since this is from a parody book; but if they can have a doggy Deadpool, then why not?
Two thumbs up for Marvel for this title. Since DC has officially abandoned the Ambush Bug character, it's looking like Marvel is the only company not afraid to make fun of themselves.
By Stuart Moore and Joe Quinones.
from CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHO WON'T WIELD THE SHIELD #1, June 2010
Besides the obvious draw for Deadpool fans, the framing story is hilarious in it's own right. The psychedelic Captain America story is pretty much hit-or-miss (for me, I felt that it's about 30 years too late to spoof 70s underground comics).
CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHO WON'T WIELD THE SHIELD #1
PRICE: 3.99 USD (worth every penny for the laughs)
IN STORES: NOW
To find a comic shop near you, call 1-888-comicbook or visit comicshoplocator.com
- ► 2011 (110)
- The Hunter And His Dog
- KRONOS by Lee Elias
- The Super Sister
- SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS
- PATSY WALKER (and her friend, Nancy too)
- Sunday Funnies: HOWARD THE DUCK
- The Adventures of Toucan Sam
- The Golden Age Deadpool
- DYNAMIC DUO FIGHTS TERRIBLE TRIO
- YOUR FAVORITE GREEN LAWYER
- HOT STUFF, THE LITTLE DEVIL: Déjà Vu
- HOT STUFF, THE LITTLE DEVIL: Master Thief
- Sunday Funnies: BLONDIE
- A Look At The Other Comics Section
- PRIMATE PATROL
- Too Much Monkey Business....
- SUPERBOY: The Super Monkey From Krypton
- THE GREAT GRAPE APE
- KRYPTO BATTLES TITANO!
- Sunday Funnies: ANDY CAPP
- The Phantom vs The Giant Ape Of Tawth
- The Secrets Of SpiderMan
- HEY, HEY, HEY....
- BATMAN: Case Of No Consequence
- KYM: Lost In A Dream
- Judy And The Magic Chalk
- Moses, Elijah, and Jesus
- Whatever Happened To Superman?
- APRIL FOOL
- ▼ April (30)