Tuesday, April 13, 2010
THE GREAT GRAPE APE
Hanna-Barbera could only have so many shows that revolved around four teenagers and a sidekick. With that premise wearing thin by the mid-1970s, they developed this amazing oddity: a southern beagle who travels the country with his best friend, who just happens to be A GIANT PURPLE APE (?!).
At least his name is catchy enough to have a drink named after him.
from GREAT GRAPE APE #2, November 1976
★some links I found (not many):
Watch the original cartoons at Fliiby.com or at YouKu.com
(episode guide HERE + extra info HERE)
A Grape Ape FAN PAGE
*But is there an overpriced T-shirt for pretentious hipsters?*
There sure is!!!
- ► 2011 (110)
- The Hunter And His Dog
- KRONOS by Lee Elias
- The Super Sister
- SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS
- PATSY WALKER (and her friend, Nancy too)
- Sunday Funnies: HOWARD THE DUCK
- The Adventures of Toucan Sam
- The Golden Age Deadpool
- DYNAMIC DUO FIGHTS TERRIBLE TRIO
- YOUR FAVORITE GREEN LAWYER
- HOT STUFF, THE LITTLE DEVIL: Déjà Vu
- HOT STUFF, THE LITTLE DEVIL: Master Thief
- Sunday Funnies: BLONDIE
- A Look At The Other Comics Section
- PRIMATE PATROL
- Too Much Monkey Business....
- SUPERBOY: The Super Monkey From Krypton
- THE GREAT GRAPE APE
- KRYPTO BATTLES TITANO!
- Sunday Funnies: ANDY CAPP
- The Phantom vs The Giant Ape Of Tawth
- The Secrets Of SpiderMan
- HEY, HEY, HEY....
- BATMAN: Case Of No Consequence
- KYM: Lost In A Dream
- Judy And The Magic Chalk
- Moses, Elijah, and Jesus
- Whatever Happened To Superman?
- APRIL FOOL
- ▼ April (30)