Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

RAJ COMICS SPOTLIGHT #10

cover

Besides their superheroes, Raj Comics also publishes other genres. Take this comic for example. It's one of their historical titles. Guaranteed to be historically accurate.

img
*
1."There it is down there. The doomed city of Atlantis. Doomed by ME." The sinister Bird-Man swoops down and starts attacking
*
img
*
2."HEY" "NO FAIR" "Your weapons are all useless, puny humans." "Damnit, I just made the last payment on this sword."
3."Guess I'll use the old backup."
4."A MAGIC SWORD."
5."Whoever you are, your flight's being canceled." "I am The Bird."
6."And everybody knows that The Bird is the word."
7.He fires a laser blast but it is deflected "Oh crap." (SFX: *snap* *crackle* *pop*)
*
img
*
1."You really picked the wrong time of the month to attack this island. Leave. NOW."
2."Not happening." (SFX: *poke*)
3."SPEARMINT GUM ATTACK" (SFX: *hubba* *bubba* *bazooka*)
*
img
*
1."What's happening?" "My real attack. This one-on-one fighting was just an elaborate distraction. I'll be flying away now."
2."SPIN" The princess tries to drill down and fix the fault-line
3."That did not work out as well as I planned." (SFX: "crik*)
4."Goddess please send me help from above."
*
img
*
1.Things aren't looking so good for the princess or the island "Why doesn't the Goddess answer me?. I hope today isn't her beauty parlor day."
2."I just know I'm getting blamed for this."
3."Time to change into my spirit form..."
4."and go and visit the goddess in person."
5."Hey, Ma. I came for a visit like you're always asking me to."
6."Stow it. You came because you want something. That's the only reason you ever come here." "But the island is sinking."
7."You broke it, you fix it."
*
img
*
1."I'm putting her in a nursing home the first chance I get."
2.It's not a pleasant sight when she returns "I can't even swim." "My socks are getting wet." "I farted." "DO NOT WORRY MY PEOPLE, I HAVE A PLAN."
4."I better think of a plan now."
*
img
*
1. "Everybody, one a time. No pushing, there's plenty of room." "Three cheers for the princess." "Hip Hip" "Hooray." The princess transforms herself into a big boat
2."Alright people, listen up. If I hear anybody singing that Andy Samberg and T-Pain song, you'll be going overboard."
3."Is one of you rubbing my aft back there?"
4.So the princess shed her snakeskin and left it for the people "I'm out of here. You're on your own." So they sailed east to a land of peace. Korea.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment