Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Mighty Marvel Superheroes Cookbook

Just in case I ever meet any of you nice people in real life, I need to know that you're willing to feed me. Also, I need to know that you can cook.
Nothing fancy, y'know, just anything that'll fill my stomach.
This here book fills the bill perfectly. None of the recipes are very complicated (because I guess they were writing this for kids or beginners).
It's a fun book (and the art is done in a perfect simulation of Marvel's '70s 'house-style').


recipes by Jody Cameron Malis
art by Joe Giella
from THE MIGHTY MARVEL SUPERHEROES COOKBOOK (ISBN: 0-671-22559-6) 1977


This is the cover, in case you see it in a store.
img

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right?

img

...just some basic comfort foods here...

img
img

I just wanted to post this pinup page because I like this guy's clean and simple art style. It reminds me of coloring book and/or Little Golden Book illustration. It just seems friendly.

img

They rest of these don't take an expert to make either.

img
img
img
img

DON'T FORGET DESSERT.

img

So get cookin'.

*

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember this as a child and thanks to you, my daughter and I can whip up some superhero goodies. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete