Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

PEABODY and SHERMAN



Mr. Peabody and his boy Sherman were the stars of a series of short cartoons called "Peabody's Improbable History". It was definitely one of the better segments of THE ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE SHOW that I remember.
The basic premise was the same in each episode, they'd travel in their time machine to some point in the past, fix something that was going wrong, and when they'd return to the present Mr. Peabody would sum up their adventure with a bad pun.
The comic book took a few liberties with the characters, as you'll see here, but they at least stuck with the tried and true punny ending.
The artist and writer here remain uncredited, which is a shame. The colorful layouts and simple lines not only capture the low-budget feel of the cartoon, they also seem perfectly designed to hold a smaller child's attention. But that shouldn't stop us adults from enjoying it as well.

from ROCKY AND HIS FIENDISH FRIENDS #1, October 1962

Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me

YouTube LINK:

Ponce DeLeon
*

No comments:

Post a Comment