Thursday, March 4, 2010
The Two Faces of Superman
The guys over at National Comics (DC) turn the tables on the usual gang of idiots in this short tale. Kind of makes you wonder if they were a little mad.
It's stories like this that prove that it's no coincidence that the golden age of comics is also referred to as the golden age of comedy.
By Jerry Coleman and Kurt Schaffenberger.
from SUPERMAN ANNUAL #3, 1961
Story available in the deluxe hardcover:
Superman: Man of Tomorrow Archives, Volume 1
- ► 2011 (110)
- Thomas Ott: CLEAN UP!
- The Great Rodeo Robbery
- PETER BAGGE'S SPIDERMAN AND LINK POST
- Sunday Funnies: STEVE CANYON
- DEADPOOL: Dead Man Talking
- The Incredible Team of Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk
- Lulu's Back In Town
- IT'S CAPTAIN ACTION!
- Two Tales Of Teenage Toonage
- BETTY BY NIGHT (CLARA DE NOCHE)
- Sunday Funnies: DONALD DUCK
- FIN FANG FOOM
- The Lonesome Death Of Jordy Verrill
- HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY
- Deadpool: The Continuing Story of a Quack Who's Go...
- Homer The Happy Ghost
- Sunday Funnies: HI AND LOIS
- The Olde Curiosity Shoppe
- FATMAN, THE HUMAN FLYING SAUCER
- The Astounding Adventures of Charlie Peace
- The National Lampoon
- CINDY: The Other Teenaged Redhead
- COMIX IN UNEXPECTED PLACES
- Sunday Funnies: POPEYE
- SUPERMAN IS NOT ALWAYS SO SUPER
- Lady Deadpool
- The Two Faces of Superman
- SUPERMAN 150
- DARA OF THE VIKINGS
- TEEN HULK!!
- ▼ March (30)