Friday, March 5, 2010
A lot of comic fans preferred Marvel over DC comics in the 60s and 70s because they felt that DC had crossed every line of believability once the Superman and Batman franchises had used every possible variation of the two characters. Characters like SuperMonkey and Ace the BatHound diminished the entire line of comics (or so they say). So why is Marvel doing the same thing to their own Deadpool franchise? Who knows?
All I have to say about it is that the whole thing looks like a lot of fun (from what I've read) and, really, what's wrong with fun?
Other than that, I felt this issue was a little too similar to Lady Deadpool's first appearance, and didn't even try to explain very much about her origin. Just compare this sequence to her appearance last month, it's almost the same fight scene....
By Victor Gischler and Rob Liefeld.
from PRELUDE TO DEADPOOL CORPS #1, May 2010
PRELUDE TO DEADPOOL CORPS #1 (OF 5)
Parental Advisory …$3.99
On sale now.
If you missed the first Lady Deadpool story, CLICK HERE
Preview of the next issue: CLICK HERE
- ► 2011 (110)
- Thomas Ott: CLEAN UP!
- The Great Rodeo Robbery
- PETER BAGGE'S SPIDERMAN AND LINK POST
- Sunday Funnies: STEVE CANYON
- DEADPOOL: Dead Man Talking
- The Incredible Team of Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk
- Lulu's Back In Town
- IT'S CAPTAIN ACTION!
- Two Tales Of Teenage Toonage
- BETTY BY NIGHT (CLARA DE NOCHE)
- Sunday Funnies: DONALD DUCK
- FIN FANG FOOM
- The Lonesome Death Of Jordy Verrill
- HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY
- Deadpool: The Continuing Story of a Quack Who's Go...
- Homer The Happy Ghost
- Sunday Funnies: HI AND LOIS
- The Olde Curiosity Shoppe
- FATMAN, THE HUMAN FLYING SAUCER
- The Astounding Adventures of Charlie Peace
- The National Lampoon
- CINDY: The Other Teenaged Redhead
- COMIX IN UNEXPECTED PLACES
- Sunday Funnies: POPEYE
- SUPERMAN IS NOT ALWAYS SO SUPER
- Lady Deadpool
- The Two Faces of Superman
- SUPERMAN 150
- DARA OF THE VIKINGS
- TEEN HULK!!
- ▼ March (30)