Tuesday, February 22, 2011
The Two Ton Superman
Hey, we all know that Superman is over 70 years old now, but man he's really letting himself go worse than Schwarzenegger.
Just kidding. This story is actually from the 1960s.
Despite the fact that you can find this cover all over the internet, I've never seen any other comix-bloggers actually post it.
So here it is.
by Cary Bates, Curt Swan, and George Roussos
from SUPERMAN #221, November 1969
→Article on fat heroes at Comic Coverage
→Jon B. Knutson takes a look at various Super Transformations (including this one) in his column
→Two Ton Spiderman spoof by Kerry Callen
- THE BEAGLE BOYS
- Sunday Funnies: GOLDEN AGE BATMAN
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS, DEAPOOL STYLE
- Hot Stuff Meets His Worst Enemy
- The Two Ton Superman
- MORE PATSY AND HEDY
- Sunday Funnies: ZIPPY
- PATSY AND HEDY
- Superheroes That Time Forgot: CAPTAIN NICE
- CLAIRE DE NUIT (BETTY BY NIGHT)
- The Batman In Canada
- The St. Valentine's Day Plasterer
- Sunday Funnies: ANDY CAPP
- Deadpool Karaoke
- Richie Rich And The Expert
- Meet Buddy Bradley...
- THE SPIRIT JAM
- Can you tell me how to get to......
- Sunday Funnies: ZIGGY
- FREE BATMAN!
- FAMOUS FIRST APPEARANCE: The Joker
- FAMOUS FIRST APPEARANCE: Patsy Walker
- FAMOUS FIRST APPEARANCE: The Mysterious Mister Myx...
- STAR BORES
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2010 (156)