Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Jackie Jokers is one of the relatively unknown Harvey characters. He wasn't introduced until the mid '70s, making him one of the last new characters to be introduced. Since he rarely appeared outside of his own comic (or the follow up series as partner to Richie Rich), even fans that collected Harvey Comics barely remember him.
His gimmick was that he was a famous Hollywood entertainer. Besides using this as an excuse for him to use painfully bad puns and tell old vaudeville jokes as often as possible, it was also used as a reason to do TV and movie parodies in each issue.
While these were never quite as hilarious as the spoofs that you'd see in MAD, CRACKED, or even CRAZY, they were entertaining.
In this one, they take on the original Star Wars (you know, the good one).
from RICHIE RICH & JACKIE JOKERS #26, April 1978
Original art scans from Jackie Jokers comics HERE
Harvey character fan art at deviantART
- THE BEAGLE BOYS
- Sunday Funnies: GOLDEN AGE BATMAN
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS, DEAPOOL STYLE
- Hot Stuff Meets His Worst Enemy
- The Two Ton Superman
- MORE PATSY AND HEDY
- Sunday Funnies: ZIPPY
- PATSY AND HEDY
- Superheroes That Time Forgot: CAPTAIN NICE
- CLAIRE DE NUIT (BETTY BY NIGHT)
- The Batman In Canada
- The St. Valentine's Day Plasterer
- Sunday Funnies: ANDY CAPP
- Deadpool Karaoke
- Richie Rich And The Expert
- Meet Buddy Bradley...
- THE SPIRIT JAM
- Can you tell me how to get to......
- Sunday Funnies: ZIGGY
- FREE BATMAN!
- FAMOUS FIRST APPEARANCE: The Joker
- FAMOUS FIRST APPEARANCE: Patsy Walker
- FAMOUS FIRST APPEARANCE: The Mysterious Mister Myx...
- STAR BORES
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2010 (156)