Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

HERCULOIDS

previewJPG

It's pretty much a given thing that things are never as cool as you thought they were when you were a child. This here is a fine example.

I never thought too much of the Herculoids when I was little, but I never really hated it either. It was just another cartoon to watch on Saturday mornings. Whether it was good or not didn't matter, we mostly watched whatever channel had the best reception (yeah, that was like a billion years ago).

I haven't watched any of the series since then, so I honestly can't judge it fairly. This story, however, I can judge because it's right here in front of me. There's no lack of action here, but there's one annoying flaw:

from HANNA-BARBERA SUPER TV HEROES #6, July 1969

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pay attention here. The alien lands IN THE SWAMP.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Defeated by water. Now how in the heck did he manage to crawl out of that swamp in the beginning of the story? Oh well, I guess that was the advantage of being one of the anonymous writers for Dell/Gold Key; at least you didn't have to take the blame for these errors.
*
The Herculoids FAQ Page
*

No comments:

Post a Comment