Tuesday, December 28, 2010
DO THE BARTMAN!
While The Simpsons usually spoof TV and movies on their show, the comic series tends to spoof it's own medium. Take this tale for example. It does a good job of parodying the established conventions of both Marvel and DC, concerning crossovers and alternate realities, while still staying true to the spirit of the Simpsons series. Even if you don't get a lot of the inside jokes, it's easily accessible to casual readers.
If you're not a steady reader of any Bongo titles, I'd highly recommend that you try out a few issues here and there. It's always a good idea to just relax and have a laugh, right?
by Chuck Dixon, Ty Templeton, and Andrew Pepoy
from SIMPSONS SUPER SPECTACULAR #1, 2005
- ► 2011 (110)
- HULK vs CAPTAIN AMERICA ( and he smashes Rick Jon...
- The Man In Black
- DO THE BARTMAN!
- LOOK ME IN THE EYES WHEN YOU TALK
- Sunday Funnies: LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE
- 13 Days Of Xmas #1: Santa Claus Conquers The Marti...
- 13 Days Of Xmas #2: Herbie Claus Is Coming To Town...
- 13 Days Of Xmas #3: Wendy Witch Meets Santa
- 13 Days Of Xmas #4: My Bizarre Christmas Adventure...
- 13 Days Of Xmas #5: Richie Rich
- 13 Days Of Xmas #6: Never Kill Santa Claus
- Sunday Funnies: PEANUTS (featuring Pig Pen)
- 13 Days Of Xmas #7: A Christmas Eve In Hell
- 13 Days Of Xmas #8: Santa's Claws
- 13 Days Of Xmas #9: The Loneliest Men In The World...
- 13 Days Of Xmas #10: Betty And Veronica
- 13 Days Of Xmas #11: Elvira's Haunted Holidays
- 13 Days Of Xmas #12: Guy Gardner
- Sunday Funnies: HAGAR THE HORRIBLE
- 13 Days Of Xmas #13: Color The Snow Red
- VIVA WINTER
- Short Comic and Link Post
- DEADPOOL: Swordplay
- Follow The Leader
- FREE COMIX FOR BREAKFAST ?!?
- ▼ December (26)