Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Funnies: BOES

001

Boes ("ox tails" in English) is a Dutch comic strip that runs in some Dutch-language newspapers and magazines. As far as I know (from what the interwebs tell me) it is a currently running strip (?), but these selections are from 1979-1980.


That's all I got, folks; I really don't know much else about this strip. I'm no expert on foreign (non-US) comics, but I am an expert on what I like, and what I think is 'good stuff'. I have four collections of this particular strip, so expect to see it more than once.
In case you're asking for my opinion (yeah right), I like this strip because of the very fluid animation in the art and also because of the wordless 'international' quality of it. If I had to cite a third reason, I'd say that this guys art reminds me of Walt Kelly for some reason.
Check it out. It's good stuff; have I ever steered (bad pun='steered') ya wrong before?

by Wil Raymakers
from ANIMALS FOR ANIMALS

002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
014
*

1 comment:

  1. That last strip at the end with the ox chowing down on some grass with a few buds would become the main character of this series. You can find out a bit more about it here (there was even an animated series that was released on VHS in the US)...
    http://signorestudios.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/ox-tales-fantazoo.html

    ReplyDelete