Friday, January 13, 2012
DOUBLE FEATURE: Hot Stuff And Stumbo The Giant
Today we're going to look at two legendary ground-breaking stories (not really) from the "House Of Ideals", Harvey Comics.
from DEVIL KIDS #4, January 1963
In a rare instance, Harvey Comics tries a slight homage at the old EC line with a twist ending. Possibly a first in the post-code era (trivia buffs will know that Harvey had the distinction of publishing a comic with the most disgusting cover of all time).
Next up, from the same comic, another short featuring our favorite golden-hearted idiot, STUMBO:
Yes, Stumbo did "break the fourth wall" right there in that last panel, years before Ambush Bug or Deadpool made it popular.
So there you have it, folks! Two stories (in one issue, even) that set the standard for years to come (not really).
- Breakfast With Diana
- Pocket Sized Parody
- Sunday Funnies: THE FUNDAY TIMES 1989
- Carl Burgos Original Art
- DEVIL CHICKEN
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Germany
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH STRETCHY SUPERHEROES
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Brazil
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: The U.K.
- Sunday Funnies:DENNIS THE MENACE
- A Trip To The Dentist
- MORTY THE DOG
- The Headlights Gang
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH GIANT ROBOTS
- THE FOUR GET ROASTED (JAM STYLE)
- The Man Who Created Superman
- Sunday Funnies: LIFE IN HELL
- Patsy's Friend Nancy
- DOUBLE FEATURE: Hot Stuff And Stumbo The Giant
- Big Daddy And The Rat Fink
- LEARN FRENCH WITH WONDER WOMAN
- BE X-TRA SAFE
- TO MY CHILDREN by The Nishioka Siblings
- Sunday Funnies: MISTER MAGOO
- The Kents
- The Transformation Of Dr. Cline
- The Wandering Dog
- WASHING DAY by Thomas Ott
- GENE POOL
- Sunday Funnies: SALTY PEANUTS
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (156)