Wednesday, January 18, 2012
WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH GIANT ROBOTS
It's got to be hard growing up and living in the shadow of an older sibling that's a superhero. Doubly hard when you have two super powered siblings.
But what if luck smiled on you and provided you with your own way to make a name for yourself???
by Joe Kelly and James Daly
fromWHAT IF? #92, December 1996
It starts, harmlessly enough with Josh Guthrie finding something strange down at the local fishing hole...
At first, he uses his newly found 'friend' to harass the school bully, then to impress the girl he likes. Both resulting badly. As the robot menace becomes the talk of the town, Josh thinks he'll be popular and impress his family. Instead, his family is still preoccupied with throwing a party for Sam (Cannonball) and Paige (Husk), much to Josh's dismay...
His brief career as a superhero doesn't work out quite so well....
He finally gives up and tries to retire the Sentinel, but when the day of the party comes....
In the end, family is still family. And it takes more than a giant robot to make a hero.
- Breakfast With Diana
- Pocket Sized Parody
- Sunday Funnies: THE FUNDAY TIMES 1989
- Carl Burgos Original Art
- DEVIL CHICKEN
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Germany
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH STRETCHY SUPERHEROES
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Brazil
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: The U.K.
- Sunday Funnies:DENNIS THE MENACE
- A Trip To The Dentist
- MORTY THE DOG
- The Headlights Gang
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH GIANT ROBOTS
- THE FOUR GET ROASTED (JAM STYLE)
- The Man Who Created Superman
- Sunday Funnies: LIFE IN HELL
- Patsy's Friend Nancy
- DOUBLE FEATURE: Hot Stuff And Stumbo The Giant
- Big Daddy And The Rat Fink
- LEARN FRENCH WITH WONDER WOMAN
- BE X-TRA SAFE
- TO MY CHILDREN by The Nishioka Siblings
- Sunday Funnies: MISTER MAGOO
- The Kents
- The Transformation Of Dr. Cline
- The Wandering Dog
- WASHING DAY by Thomas Ott
- GENE POOL
- Sunday Funnies: SALTY PEANUTS
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (156)