Saturday, January 7, 2012
This was my first look at DC's 'NEW 52', and frankly, I wasn't really impressed. The 'new' origin of Superman didn't really change anything. What's the point of telling the same story over and over again? Aside from a few minor details, it's basically the exact same origin we've read a thousand times.
The issue was not a total waste, however. I found that both of the writers did very well on the characterization of Jon and Martha Kent. So that's the part we're gonna look at.
by Sholly Fisch / Chris Cross & Grant Morrison / Andy Kubert (scans from both stories)
from ACTION COMICS #5, March 2012
as you can guess, they don't get much good news from the doctor....
unfortunately, the hormone treatment doesn't work out as planned, either. Which leads them to seek spiritual advice....
after more trying and failing, they begin to consider adoption....
and y'all know what happens next.
- Breakfast With Diana
- Pocket Sized Parody
- Sunday Funnies: THE FUNDAY TIMES 1989
- Carl Burgos Original Art
- DEVIL CHICKEN
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Germany
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH STRETCHY SUPERHEROES
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Brazil
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: The U.K.
- Sunday Funnies:DENNIS THE MENACE
- A Trip To The Dentist
- MORTY THE DOG
- The Headlights Gang
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH GIANT ROBOTS
- THE FOUR GET ROASTED (JAM STYLE)
- The Man Who Created Superman
- Sunday Funnies: LIFE IN HELL
- Patsy's Friend Nancy
- DOUBLE FEATURE: Hot Stuff And Stumbo The Giant
- Big Daddy And The Rat Fink
- LEARN FRENCH WITH WONDER WOMAN
- BE X-TRA SAFE
- TO MY CHILDREN by The Nishioka Siblings
- Sunday Funnies: MISTER MAGOO
- The Kents
- The Transformation Of Dr. Cline
- The Wandering Dog
- WASHING DAY by Thomas Ott
- GENE POOL
- Sunday Funnies: SALTY PEANUTS
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (156)