Tuesday, January 24, 2012
IT'S A MAD WORLD: Brazil
Where would the world be without MAD? Better off? A happy utopia? A planet full of geniuses? We may never know.
What we do know is that MAD is probably the most successful comic franchise in the world. Countries in which you can't buy Superman or Spiderman comics have their own versions of MAD. I don't exactly have any statistics, but I'd be willing to bet that if you wanted to guess what the highest selling comic in the world is, it'd either be MAD or possibly ARCHIE (which amazingly is translated into a boatload of other languages also). This time around, we're going south to look at the Brazilian version.
by A Usual Turma De Idiotas
from MAD (Brasil), March 2009
the joke there was "April Fools", in case you didn't figure it out.
the next one doesn't need translation....
this one is some kind of parody of DRAGONBALL Z, and that's all I can decipher because my comprehension of Portuguese is even worse than my comprehension of French or Spanish ...
here's something they don't do very often in the US version of MAD, a fun do-it-yourself project. this one is "Make Your Own Mad Toilet Paper"....
y'know, folks, there's a lot of prejudice in the world. seems like everybody wants to use our differences to divide us. it's nice to know that despite all of our language and cultural differences, there's one thing we can all agree on: TWILIGHT sucks!
- Breakfast With Diana
- Pocket Sized Parody
- Sunday Funnies: THE FUNDAY TIMES 1989
- Carl Burgos Original Art
- DEVIL CHICKEN
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Germany
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH STRETCHY SUPERHEROES
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Brazil
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: The U.K.
- Sunday Funnies:DENNIS THE MENACE
- A Trip To The Dentist
- MORTY THE DOG
- The Headlights Gang
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH GIANT ROBOTS
- THE FOUR GET ROASTED (JAM STYLE)
- The Man Who Created Superman
- Sunday Funnies: LIFE IN HELL
- Patsy's Friend Nancy
- DOUBLE FEATURE: Hot Stuff And Stumbo The Giant
- Big Daddy And The Rat Fink
- LEARN FRENCH WITH WONDER WOMAN
- BE X-TRA SAFE
- TO MY CHILDREN by The Nishioka Siblings
- Sunday Funnies: MISTER MAGOO
- The Kents
- The Transformation Of Dr. Cline
- The Wandering Dog
- WASHING DAY by Thomas Ott
- GENE POOL
- Sunday Funnies: SALTY PEANUTS
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (156)