Can you guess the secret of the stray dog in this story?
by Elliot Maggin and Mike Grell
from ACTION COMICS #441, November 1974
Did you guess that it was Krypto before the ending? If so, 10 points for you!!
I just think that it was a little too convenient for Green Arrow to get saved by Krypto. But then again, Green Arrow should be dead twenty times over, as he's one of the most useless characters ever. I mean, really, trick arrows???!?
I know that since this story has been published, a lot of folks have tried hard to make him a relevant character, but the whole 'world's greatest archer' thing has never struck me as being any kind of useful talent for a crimefighter. If you have no super powers at all, it would just seem to be a no-brainer that you'd need one of the following:
1.) Lots of weapons (like the Punisher)
2.) A lot of technology (like Batman or Iron Man)
3.) Just plain balls of steel (like the Phantom or any of the old school pulp heroes)
I've never seen Green Arrow have any of these, but that's just me.
Feel free to direct me to any awesome Green Arrow stories that you know of in the comments section.
- Breakfast With Diana
- Pocket Sized Parody
- Sunday Funnies: THE FUNDAY TIMES 1989
- Carl Burgos Original Art
- DEVIL CHICKEN
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Germany
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH STRETCHY SUPERHEROES
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: Brazil
- IT'S A MAD WORLD: The U.K.
- Sunday Funnies:DENNIS THE MENACE
- A Trip To The Dentist
- MORTY THE DOG
- The Headlights Gang
- WHAT IF...WEDNESDAY WITH GIANT ROBOTS
- THE FOUR GET ROASTED (JAM STYLE)
- The Man Who Created Superman
- Sunday Funnies: LIFE IN HELL
- Patsy's Friend Nancy
- DOUBLE FEATURE: Hot Stuff And Stumbo The Giant
- Big Daddy And The Rat Fink
- LEARN FRENCH WITH WONDER WOMAN
- BE X-TRA SAFE
- TO MY CHILDREN by The Nishioka Siblings
- Sunday Funnies: MISTER MAGOO
- The Kents
- The Transformation Of Dr. Cline
- The Wandering Dog
- WASHING DAY by Thomas Ott
- GENE POOL
- Sunday Funnies: SALTY PEANUTS
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (156)