Friday, December 9, 2011
DR. WHO: K-9's Finest Hour
For hardcore Dr. Who fans, Tom Baker was the 4th Doctor. Here in the US, he was our first Doctor. To this day, when I think of Dr. Who, I think of Tom Baker. And it's not without cause; the previous three actors who played the character never managed to make it an international phenomenon. Baker was the first to break through with overseas syndication (perhaps by lucky coincidence - if any of the other actors had still been playing the character at the time they would have been starring in an internationally syndicated show).
Regardless, the popular opinion is that Mr. Baker was the definitive Doctor. Not that the new series is any kind of waste; I loved David Tennant's run myself. And the new series gave us TORCHWOOD (a great show in it's own right). But 'nostalgia goggles' are hard to remove from your eyes.
So here's a short feature spotlighting one of the more whimsical characters of the 4th Doctor's run: K-9.
by Steve Moore and Paul Neary
from DOCTOR WHO SUMMER SPECIAL, 1980
- A Rich New Year's Eve
- HOT STUFF: BABYSITTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
- Hedy Wolfe Is Not So Bad....
- HEMBECK DOES HAWKMAN
- SUPERMAN AND MUTANT BOY
- Sunday Funnies: DENNIS THE MENACE
- Merry Marvel Christmas: DEADPOOL
- Merry Marvel Christmas: THANOS
- Merry Marvel Christmas: GHOST RIDER
- Merry Marvel Christmas: THE MARVEL FAMILY
- Merry Marvel Christmas: FANTASTIC FOUR
- Merry Marvel Christmas: SANTA CLAUS and SPIDER-MAN...
- Sunday Funnies: HEATHCLIFF
- LINKS! (and a short comic)
- An Unlikely Comic Character: Jeffrey Dahmer
- Oldest Archie Comic Ever
- Alex Toth Draws Animals
- We Love Lucy
- DOURDEVIL, The Man Without A Sense Of Humor
- Sunday Funnies: ANDY CAPP
- DR. WHO: K-9's Finest Hour
- THE BEANO
- Child Abuse Is Good Comedy
- Young Marvelman
- Exorcist Judges From The Future
- Sunday Funnies: THE FUNDAY TIMES
- Buddy Bradley Gets Slandered
- The Third Spy
- Hombre Arana vs. Dr. Infierno
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2010 (156)