Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

NOSTALGIA FLASHBACK 1986



Masters of the Universe was a line of toys from Mattel started in 1981. If you didn't live during the 1980s, you'd probably find it hard to believe just how insanely popular these things were. I can remember when just about every kid in the neighborhood had them. Since they were a little bit larger, it was pretty easy for He Man to stomp the crap out of the smaller Star Wars figures, but he was still small enough to prevent him from having any meaningful interactions with Barbie.
Anyways, the toys spawned several different animated series, and multiple comic adaptions as well. there was even a live-action movie released in 1987.
This two-part epic is from the British comic series, artist and writer uncredited.

from MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #6, 5 June 1986:

Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
*No, you haven't gone color blind. A lot of these UK-produced comics had some portions of them printed in black and white. I guess that's how they kept publishing costs down.
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
Image Hosting by imagefra.me
*

No comments:

Post a Comment