Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dog Days

img

I'm seriously looking into finding lots more of these Cuti/Staton stories from the Charlton era of comics. The other one I found and posted (here) was an instant favorite of mine. This one is another instant fave.
Both have anthropomorphic characters, and both lend a sense of irony to the otherwise tired genre of fantasy-horror.

Will the team of Cuti+Staton surpass my admiration of Binder+Beck?? Who knows? But I'd say all bets are off at this point. And, yeah, if you're not a fan of the Otto Binder and C.C. Beck collaborations, this probly ain't your cup o' tea; go read MAUS or WATCHMEN again.

As for me, I absolutely love comics that take things to an extreme level. Regardless of whether it's fantasy, horror, sci-fi, romance, humor, superheroes, or whatever. But y'all should know by now (I've only been blogging for, like, four freakin' years) that I love things that are fun and slightly insane.

by Nicola Cuti and Joe Staton
from MIDNIGHT TALES #9, October 1974
img1
img2
img3
img4
img5
img6
*

No comments:

Post a Comment