Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

DREAD!

img

I haven't read the original story or seen the film, so I can't say with any certainty if this version of the story is the creepiest of the three. But I can say that this comic is pretty damn disturbing in it's own right. Of course that's partly because of Fred Burke's writing, but I think mostly because of Dan Brereton's decision to do this as fully painted art. Much better than his comic art. In fact, I don't think it would've worked at all in Brereton's regular style, but I guess y'all can be the judge of that.
And no, this isn't the whole story, just a vignette from the 58 page graphic novel. Perhaps if it isn't reprinted anytime soon, I'll post more; but I'm hoping that somebody (Fantagraphics? Dark Horse?) will pick up the reprint rights. This definitely is something that should stay in print.

by Fred Burke and Dan Brereton
from CLIVE BARKER'S DREAD (ISBN: 1-56060-142-6) 1992

FREE photo hosting by picville.net
FREE photo hosting by picville.net
FREE photo hosting by picville.net
FREE photo hosting by picville.net
FREE photo hosting by picville.net
FREE photo hosting by picville.net
FREE photo hosting by picville.net
FREE photo hosting by picville.net
*

1 comment:

Blog Archive